Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hey Mister... Let's Ride To The Edge This Time...

I can't believe that so much has happened that I haven't been able to keep up with almost any form of journaling. Not only have I seemed to give up on the one thing that helps any aspect of my life get sorted out, I have given up on becoming a writer. I guess I shouldn't really go that far as to say, "given up," but I will say that I have taken no steps toward that ambition...If anything, I have taken steps back by not writing almost at all since October of last year. I feel like I should be summing up the events that have occurred since I have last blogged, so here goes.



October 23rd, 2008 - After a long battle against Cancer, my grandmother, Nannie, lost. It had only been a week since she was admitted to the Palliative Care unit. Of course, most of the family began to blame the hospital for her death. She was slipping before being admitted, seemingly was getting better, and then headed downhill for a terrible crash. I don't believe it was the hospitals fault. She passed shortly after all of us left her side to get some rest. It was as if she knew that it was her time and didn't want her family there to witness it. She is at peace. Anyone that knows me, knows what my beliefs are on religion, but I do believe my Nannie watches over me.

I guess after that happened I was pretty much in shock. I miss her a lot. It has been hard getting through it all, but I think mom and I are getting along way better now, I think she finally realizes that we aren't here forever and you need to make the best of the time you have with your loved ones. I met, Alichia. Who is now my roommate. I moved out in February of this year. I don't get as much down time to write anymore, which is why I haven't. I guess I need to start making more time for that. I need it.

I have been single. Haha... I don't meet many people.
Anyway. I did meet someone. He lives right beside us.. I like him a lot, but I'm not sure if and where things are even going to go. I guess I have to stay realistic though, and not get my hopes up or else I'll get hurt like I usually do. I can't help liking him, though. It's crazy. I spend almost everynight there. I've been thinking about moving away a lot lately, like, far away, like Toronto, but everytime I think about it the only thing I keep telling myself I need to stay here for is him and I'm not even with him. I can't base any decisions on that yet, though, I need to see how the summer goes, and talk to my mom first.

It is late, though, I will try to keep updated as much as I can.

No comments: