Monday, January 21, 2008

Corner Store

The sun shines brilliantly on the pavement outside the corner store,I stand there waiting for the one I have always been waiting for,the one to show me how to eat a popsicle without spilling it, and how to dance and scream without falling in the mosh.
I wonder why the sun always shines so perfectly while you're in my thoughts,why I can't really eat a popsicle without spilling it,and why I finally learned how to not fall in the mosh,and why it never rains in my heart.
While I wait for you my music plays so loud in my ear bud headphones,the ones i'm not supposed to be wearing in one ear,but I do anyway,only because every song reminds me of you.
The sun starts to fade since it's almost night time,the movie starts soon you better get here fast,we don't want to miss the opening credits,nor do we want to be without our popcorn.
There are only so many things in this world that I can tolerate,and I'm not very patient,but I can say that I would wait forever ; in front of this tiny store,waiting for you and your childish ways.

This one has to be one of my favourites. It was originally written June 29th 2006, and I have read it many times since then. One of the few pieces I have that I am completely happy and proud to have written. It was written for my best friend Kristian. I had a thing for him then, but it rings true that he is childish and I'd do anything for him.

No comments: