Monday, January 21, 2008

Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me.

This week is exam week. How exciting! 1/5 Exams are done. I think I'm going to die before the end of this week.

It's almost been one month since the beginning of 2008 and I must say it really has been a fun start to the new year. New Years was spent at an old co-workers place, J's. I never really hung out with him, but always loved to talk to him. He's a nice guy. I met several other people at that party, and got to see some people that I never really got to know as well as I would have liked. Since that night something new has spawned from it and now I have 6 amazing friends that I seem to be spending all of my time with. Which is good, because I never do anything anyway.

Seems like the last year of my high school career is moving faster than a subway train in Japan. That is by no means any sort of hyperbole. Seems like yesterday I was a scared 8th grader wondering what high school was going to be like. It overwealmed me at first and I did cry on my first day, but in the end I have made amazing friends and figured out who really was my friend in the beginning and who is going to be my friend at the end. Cheesey, I know, but very true.

I'm still the same person I was when I was scared and lonely. I suppose we all have a smaller, scared and lonely version of themselves in them somewhere. Some people just have a very good way of keeping that little kid quiet and out of sight. Some of us can't do that to the poor child and needs to let him or her out once and awhile. I can honestly say that while I was busy maturing, some people around me were, it seems, immaturing by the minute. Unfortunate, I suppose.

Sometimes I wonder what this whole adventure is about. I dare say that around anyone that has a set religion though, I know how that turns out: breaking glass and hyenious shouting. That happened the other night, minus the breaking glass. It really is a shame that some decide they will never listen to another persons ideas again since they already have theirs made up in their heads. It can go the opposite way as well, but I never said I wasn't open to change.

Life is what you make it.
Music: Incubus - Dig

No comments: