Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Scarves

To our surprise the weather wasn't so bad. We wore our scarves like babies would carry their blankies, and even though the sky was dim and our feet were worn, we still walked hand in hand. The trees served as sheilds from the glaring faces sitting on the benches murmering curses at us. Since it's fall now, the streets grow emptier everyday, except for the pigeons. We still laugh and poke fun at the crazy people that crawl the streets at night and we still long to be together, although you won't admit it. Tomorrow is another day, it will be even colder. I think our scarves will come in handy.

This one was written a long time ago, I don't even remember the date. If anyone sees this from my school and has ever read the school newspaper, you MAY recognize it. It was published.. mostly because I was editor. Nevertheless, I like it. It echoes, once again, the weather in Saint John.

No comments: