Thursday, January 24, 2008

You Don't Care About Anyone Other Than Yourself

Oh my Lord. Exams are complete . That was one mission I wasn't sure I was going to get through. I did, and I think I did resonably well considering how little I studied. Now it's a 5 day weekend pour moi, which will unfortunately consist of a lot of working, but what can you do?

Last night was a party and a half, yet again another Wednesday night has conquered Team. Randy, Audrey and Sam picked me up and we peeled over to J's to wait for Anne-Marie. We played a lot of Mortal Combat. I was getting kind of good near the end of it. So fun. We all hopped on the bus, made lots of noise, and went uptown to Jungle Jims. Lots of laughs were had, funny faces made, and gay guys seen.

Clarity

The night took us away from what we knew. The city, the lights, the never ending stream of popularity contests spewing from every angle. We found each other on the cold, hard, ground of sanity within the bounds of our lives. I remember every word you ever spoke to me and the way you looked at me, while I was screaming with a crowd of people at a concert. Tonight is when I found the clarity I have been searching for.

Yet another old piece. I particularily thought it went along well with last nights events though, so I posted it now. If anyone notices that I use a lot of connections in my work with concerts , or music it is just because that is what I can easily identify with.

Music: Protest The Hero - Goddess Bound

No comments: