Thursday, January 24, 2008

An Evening Well Spent/ Dreams of Dusty Portaits

Another night spent with another amazing friend. I went to see P.S I Love You. Needless to say, I cried like a small child throughout the whole thing. Not even 15 minutes into the movie I had already begun weeping. If anyone goes to see this, please, for God's sake, bring a box of kleenex. You will need it. All of it

After the movie, Audrey and I walked back over to the mall and waited for a bus. Mind you, it was very cold. Then I decided I wasn't ready to go home just yet and I normally have a wonderful time over at the Fillion residence so I went over to sit around with them for awhile. Sam walked me home just because their mom always is worried about me walking home in the dark even though it's about a 4 minute walk, if that. Anyway, we made more plans for the weekend. I have to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but I'm going to go over there tomorrow night after work and Sunday night as well since it's the youngest Fillion's birthday. I'm really happy that Audrey and I are becomming good friends; I don't have many girlfriends to go see sad movies with and to just hang out and talk. Guys aren't always good for that :P.


Other than those few things this weekend will be a good time for me to catch up on some much needed sleep. After a week of hanging out with the Team and going to all my exams I have been quite tired. Ahh well, first semester is over now and it seems like the rest of the year is only going to go by faster. It's so crazy that I will finally get to graduate, but now that I'm at this point I'm getting scared. I have no idea what I even want to do and feel so unprepared for the "real world". I guess I will have to just throw myself out there and hope it works.


Dreams of Dusty Portraits


Dreams of the future and nightmares of the past bring me to where I am,
I'm haunted by photos of old people who have acheived something and of dusty portraits,
Tomorrow is another day filled with lost hopes,
But I'm still dreaming.


I still hear your lingering words and talk of 9-5 and coffee runs,
How you always wanted a life filled with post it notes, staplers and those same dusty portraits,
And you don't regret anything, or any choice,
But you still don't know who those people are.


I used to like those dusty portraits and wondering about those people that achived something,
I never liked enclosed spaces, or had to much of a liking for staplers,
So instead I walk in the park some mornings and drink coffee alone,
And I'm still dreaming.


I just had an idea from my talk about not knowing what I want to do when no longer tied down by school and this just spewed out of my head. It may be repetitive, but that's the beauty of it.

No comments: